BROKEN KEY EXTRACTION SERVICE AT 2071010218 | 24/7 LOCKSMITH | LONDON CALL OUT
Anyone can face such a situation when the key in the door lock suddenly breaks. Mechanical parts within the lock are subject to wear and tear. Dust can accumulate on their surface. Not all homeowners provide proper care. In some cases, a broken key can be removed without damage to a locking device with the use of needle nose pliers or improvised tools. Also, there are situations when the key stuck in the depths of the core prevents the residents from accessing their property. The best course of action faced with a lockout emergency is contacting locksmith London. Only a professional locksmith can carry out the key extraction process without compromising home security. There are several main reasons that lead to the breakdown of the internal mechanism of the lock, which homeowners should pay attention to in order to prevent costly lock repairs:
BROKEN KEY EXTRACTION SERVICE NEAR YOU
There are various proven methods to remove the key that fall into several categories:
- Non-destructive. The main task of a key extraction locksmith is to retrieve the key fragment without damaging the locking mechanism. If the key remains intact and is simply stuck in the door lock, the situation can be corrected you using gentle methods. The specialist of locksmith services removes the key accurately without damaging the inner pins. Contamination of the locking mechanism leads to the key jamming. Dirt and dust accumulation must be carefully removed to retrieve the key using one of the proven tools: machine oil, WD-40, silicone of liquid structure or lithol. If these materials are not on hand, sunflower oil can be used as a substitute. The liquid is poured inside using a syringe with a fine needle, gradually covering the core with oil. It is strictly forbidden to make sudden movements for removing a stuck key. After flushing the key, the locksmith slowly loosens it in different directions with the help of pliers used to keep the hands from sliding over the surface. Sometimes there are situations where the mechanism is stuck as a result of damaged parts inside the keyhole. To remove the key, it is necessary to raise the part which has caused the mechanism to remain stationary with a pin. These manipulations help correct the situation. The following methods can be used to get the fragment out of the keyhole without damaging the internal parts:
- Butter. The work is carried out according to the same principle as with the extraction of the whole key. The protruding edge is grabbed with tweezers;
- Jigsaw. One of the most efficient and popular methods involves using the cutting edge of the tool to remove the key. The blade is pushed into the inner part of the core, which is located under the keys pin, and then carefully turned so that the teeth always remain in the upper part. The fragment is picked up and pulled out;
- Self-tapping screw. This method works well for thick debris. A hole is drilled in the keyhole. A self-tapping screw is placed into the opening, which is then grabbed with pliers and pulled out together with the fragment;
- Vibration. It is possible to remove the key using vibration. This is a non-standard method and is suitable for disc mechanisms. First, the pins are thoroughly lubricated and pushed into one position along with the fragment. Then, from the other side, the specialist of locksmith service begins to gently knock the lock with a hammer to create vibration. As a result of the impact, the key fragment gradually comes out. Finally, the edge is picked up with pliers and removed from the core.
- Broken key removal with some degree of damage. When the key fragments are in the depths of the mechanism, the locksmith may need to disassemble the lock. In most cases, the correct functionality of a door lock can be restored entirely, but sometimes it is necessary to install a new lock. Destructive key removal methods are used as a last resort when other options have proven ineffective, and there is a danger to the well-being of a person locked inside the premises. The locksmith dismantles the locking device to get into the room. The choice of method for extracting the fragmented piece depends on the door lock’s design features. Only qualified locksmith can cope with the task quickly, causing minimal damage to property. Drilling the lock cylinder requires practical skills as not to damage the door structure. Radical picking methods do not involve the use of a chisel or hammer. Our local locksmith team strives to keep the integrity of a front door uncompromised whenever possible. It is important to minimize possible damage in order to preserve the door for future use and exclude additional spending associated with the repairs or purchase of a new key. Locksmiths London make sure that customer’s property remains secure at all stages of work. Turning to us for assistance, you won’t have to contact additional services for emergency opening of locks and keys cutting. The work with steel doors equipped with reliable locks requires the availability of professional tools. It is better to entrust the task of removing a key to an experienced locksmith who knows all the subtleties of the extraction procedure. The specialist will select a removing technique appropriate for the specific type of locking device. Our high qualifications allow for coping with tasks of any complexity. The following methods can be used for the removal of a fragment:
- Knocking out the cylinder. To do this, first, the locksmith removes the armour plate located on the back side if present. In many models of door locks, it is not provided. Next, he removes the screws and taps on the cylinder with a hammer;
- Prying off the core. Screwdrivers and other similar tools are used to remove the core. The tool is inserted into the borehole, and the pins in the lock are lifted to release the key fragment. The locking mechanism is fragile, so in most cases, it becomes unusable. If you want to keep the locking device intact, then the task should be handled by a professional locksmith;
- Drilling the cylinder. This is a commonly used method for opening doors. The cylinder must be drilled over the well, then the mechanism must be slightly turned and pulled out;
- Twisting the lock. A wrench is used for removing a lock with a fragmented key. The loosened cylinder protrudes slightly outward, so it is firmly wrapped with pliers and rotated 90 degrees. Then, with sharp movements, it is pulled out.
To open an apartment or house, the crossbars in the door lock can be cut. They should be traced in the gap that is located between the box and the canvas. For such work, it is recommended to use a hacksaw or grinder. In the case door locks are cut, the door structure will have to be replaced.
EMERGENCY LOCKSMITH IN LONDON
Our company provides round-the-clock services for the opening of steel, wooden, glass and plastic doors without damage. We work with exterior and interior doors. Our qualifications allow us to resolve lock-related emergencies quickly with minimal financial and material losses. Broken keys can be a reason for turning to the assistance of specialised services. We have all the necessary means for delivering services in accordance with the established industry standards. Call us if you need an emergency door opening or key extraction service. Our workshop has high-precision equipment for key cutting and duplication. The orders are fulfilled on the day of contact in the customer’s presence. The duplicates are guaranteed to perfectly match the original copy, fit the door lock and perform flawlessly. Our range of services includes emergency boarding up, after burglary repairs, foreign objects removal, security solutions for residential, commercial and industrial properties. We are experts in door locks opening, repair, replacement and installation. Customers can count on our professionalism, whether it’s the opening of a safe, car, garage, apartment, house or office. We strive to deliver the best service possible regardless of circumstances. You’ll receive a key in a sealed package after the installation of a new door lock. We have a large selection of locking devices in stock that meet modern day security requirements. Our crew can help you meet the demands of your insurance company by installing locks conforming to British Standard 3621. The call out of a locksmith London is possible at any time of the day and night.